WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
We really want your event in Bendigo, so whatever type or size of event you have planned, our advice, local knowledge and support services will make your planning a breeze.
How can you resist a vibrant and contemporary city boasting beautiful wide parkland streets, welcoming hospitality and gorgeous architecture created from one of the world's greatest gold rushes? A contemporary regional city with a population close to 110 000, Bendigo offers welcoming and friendly hospitality with the comforts of home.
For more event information and all event enquiries contact the Major Events Team on:
Phone: 03 5434 6000.
EVENT SUPPORT – how can we help?
Whatever type of event, our advice (local knowledge) and support services will enhance your planning.
• Assist with site inspections and familiarisation visits prior to arrival and selecting venues and facilities.
• Promote your event on the City of Greater Bendigo and Bendigo Tourism websites.
• Assist with creating your pre and post-touring, social, incentive, team-building and partners programs.
• Provide promotional material, maps and welcome kits to delegates utilising the Bendigo Visitor Centre accommodation booking service.
• Recommend local audio visual, catering, entertainment, speakers, gifts, transportation and other conference services.
• Assist with local media support.
Centrally located, Bendigo is fast gaining a reputation as a major events capital in regional Victoria. An easy 100 minute drive from Melbourne’s CBD (90 minutes’ drive) from the Tullamarine Airport or just under two hours on the shuttle bus service, hourly V/Line rail services from Melbourne’s Southern Cross Station and private charter air links.
When it's time to put business aside, Bendigo's vibrant arts and cultural landscape is the perfect setting for inspirational activities and we suggest a few of the following:
• Gear up in overalls, boots, miner’s hat and lamp as you search for gold in a working goldmine 85 metres underground
• Create a ceramic masterpiece at Australia's historic Bendigo Pottery with a clay wheel-throwing lesson and take home your design. There is also an interpretive museum, café, antique market and artists in residence galleries
• Uncover Chinese history at the Golden Dragon Museum, Chinese Gardens and Temple
• Tour the award winning Bendigo and Heathcote wineries and taste the-day-away in gorgeous surrounds
• Relax in spa heaven or shop ‘til you drop with the unique shopping precincts
• Discover local menus, boutique bistros, an abundance of international cuisines, coffee roasters, gourmet local produce, winery vine-dining and our very own tramcar restaurant and heritage talking tram tour
Bendigo spoils visitors with a wide range of accommodation options throughout the city and surrounds including motels, hotels, serviced apartments, self-contained, boutique and B&B’s offering more than 4000 beds.
The free accommodation booking service at the Bendigo Visitor Centre ensures you will find the most suitable accommodation with each delegate accommodation requirements personally managed - they really save you time and are a one-stop shop for group bookings.
VENUES OF DISTINCTION
Bendigo provides an attractive and diverse range of event venues - small boutique meeting rooms in galleries and hideaways, modern hotel facilities, glamorous theatres and jaw-dropping civic buildings as well as flexible contemporary spaces catering for up to 1000 delegates.
With the 5000 metre clear-span space at the Exhibition Centre, seating for 3500 at the Bendigo Stadium and capacity of 15 000 campers at the Elmore Events Centre, it’s easy to accommodate a vast range of exhibitions and events.
Big businesses enjoy our warmth and hospitality including ASX 100 listed companies, State and Federal Government roadshows and large scale information sessions and gatherings - business really is booming in Bendigo.
An eclectic mix of old and new, there’s a new edge to discover and a cultural depth to be explored - you’ll find Bendigo has come of age with its new contemporary sophistication.
Bendigo Business Events are proud members of: