Must do cultural experiences
- Genius and Ambition: Royal Academy of Arts, London 1768-1918 2 March – 9 June 2014.
- Contemplations 2 April – 27 July 2014.
- Undressed: 350 years of fashion in underwear 19 July – 26 October 2014.
- The Body Beautiful in Ancient Greece 2 August – 9 November 2014.
- The 15th Melbourne International: Comedy Festival Roadshow 11 June 2014.
- Bendigo Writers Festival 8-10 August 2014.
- Visit the Great Stupa of Universal Compassion, the most sacred monument in the Buddhist world.
- Take an eye-opening tour of the historic Town Hall and Post Office.
Must do arts experiences
- Stroll the View Street Arts Precinct.
- Recline in a cosy couch with a glass of wine for a classic film at Star Cinema.
- Meet artisans in their studios at Australia’s oldest working pottery, Bendigo Pottery.
- Find inspiration at The Great Stupa, a sacred Buddhist monument being built near Bendigo.
Must do food experiences
- Bendigo Community Farmers Market second Saturday of each Month in Sidney Myer Place
- Savour a coffee in buzzing Chancery Lane.
- Ride aboard our ninesevensix Restaurant tram.
- Dine alfresco along a beautiful heritage street.
- Discover Bendigo’s fantastic produce by picking up a Food Fossicking pocket guide for Bendigo and region: www.foodfossickers.com.au
Must do shopping experiences
- Pick up a copy of the Dining & Shopping Guide to explore our precincts.
- Explore Bendigo Pottery’s new Antique and Collectables Centre.
- Bendigo Visitor Centre has a huge variety of locally made products.
- Experience our Vintage Fashion Shopping outlets.
- Be pampered at a day spa or local beauty salon.
Must do wine experiences
- Heathcote on Show 7 - 9 June 2014
- Meet the maker at cellar doors.
- Enjoy local wines at many of our restaurants and cafes.
- Download the Wine Regions of Victoria smartphone app from www.visitvictoria.com
Must do outdoor experiences
- Ride the popular O’Keefe Rail Trail.
- Join the cycling scene – explore Bendigo on two wheels
- Take to fishing or boating in the waters of Lake Eppalock.
- Navigate the challenges of the region’s five golf courses.
- Stroll or take a trishaw ride around Rosalind Park.
- Picnic by Lake Weeroona or White Hills Botanic Gardens.