Must Do Experiences in Winter
MUST DO CULTURAL EXPERIENCES
- Australian Snooker Goldfields Open 8-10 July 2013
- Australian Sheep and Wool Show 19-21 July 2013
- The Women of Wool 19-21 July 2013
- Bendigo Festival of Lamb 15-12 July 2013
- Bendigo Writers Festival 9-11 August 2013
- Meet Loong, the world’s oldest Imperial Dragon at the Golden Dragon Museum.
- Visit Bendigo’s Joss House Temple, one of the few remaining buildings of its type in Australia.
- Board a rattling Vintage Talking Tram Tour for fascinating hey-day stories.
- Try Central Deborah Gold Mine’s newest attraction – 9 Levels of Darkness.
- Take a Grand Building Tour of the historic Town Hall or Hotel Shamrock.
- Prospect for Gold in Bendigo’s nearby Whipstick Forest to find your fortune!
MUST DO ARTS EXPERIENCES
- Stroll the View Street Arts Precinct.
- Recline in a cosy couch with a glass of wine for a classic film at Star Cinema.
- Meet artisans in their studios at Australia’s oldest working pottery, Bendigo Pottery.
- Find inspiration at The Great Stupa, a sacred Buddhist monument being built near Bendigo.
MUST DO FOOD EXPERIENCES
- Bendigo Community Farmers Market second Saturday of each Month in Sidney Myer Place
- Savour a coffee in buzzing Chancery Lane.
- Ride aboard our ninesevensix Restaurant tram.
- Dine alfresco along a beautiful heritage street.
- Discover Bendigo’s fantastic produce by picking up a Food Fossicking pocket guide for Bendigo and region: www.foodfossickers.com.au
MUST DO SHOPPING EXPERIENCES
- The Square Handmade Market quarterly (Saturday) at the Bendigo Town Hall
- Pick up a copy of the Dining & Shopping Guide to explore our precincts.
- Explore Bendigo Pottery’s new Antique and Collectables Centre.
- Bendigo Visitor Centre has a huge variety of locally made products.
- Experience our Vintage Fashion Shopping outlets
- Be pampered at a day spa or local beauty salon.
MUST DO WINE EXPERIENCES
- Heathcote on Show 8 - 10 June 2013
- Meet the maker at cellar doors.
- Enjoy local wines at many of our restaurants and cafes.
- Download the Wine Regions of Victoria smartphone app from www.visitvictoria.com
MUST DO OUTDOOR EXPERIENCES
- Ride the popular O’Keefe Rail Trail.
- Join the cycling scene – explore Bendigo on two wheels
- Take to fishing or boating in the waters of Lake Eppalock.
- Navigate the challenges of the region’s five golf courses.
- Stroll or take a trishaw ride around Rosalind Park.
- Picnic by Lake Weeroona or White Hills Botanic Gardens.