Spend the day in the genuine little country towns of the Loddon Valley.
Shop for vintage wares, learn about the regions once burgeoning eucalyptus oil industry, visit the farm gates, wineries and country bakeries and unwind in Victoria’s backyard.
The Loddon River is a favourite for fishing, swimming and water skiing, Mount Kooyoora has great camping, picnic and hiking facilities – and an unsurpassed view over the plains. Learn about the rich indigenous history here, not to mention bush rangers!
Its many small towns offer character and charm all their own, from Bridgewater on Loddon, Inglewood, Eddington, Tarnagulla, Laanecoorie and Newbridge in the south, through Dingee, Wedderburn, Korong Vale, Serpentine and Mitiamo, and further north to Boort and Pyramid Hill.
From Aboriginal sites to early European settlements, to relics of gold rush, there is also plenty of history to immerse yourself in.
Must Do List:
- Visit the Simply Tomatoes farm gate in Boort for great food and country hospitality
- Launch your boat in the Loddon River at Bridgewater
- Lose time in the antique and collectable shops of Inglewood.
- See the amazing collection at Wedderburn’s community-run General Store Museum.
- Buy pure eucalyptus oil from a local distillery