In Maryborough and Surrounds, you can discover the history of the early goldfields while immersing yourself in the charm of provincial Victoria.
Take the opportunity to experience rare, cultural treasures in the villages of the central goldfields and escape urban life on the walking paths and cycling tracks that wind their way through the box ironbark forest linking small, delightful townships.
Enjoy local cuisine created with fresh local produce and a variety of local and regional wines and craft beer/cider.
Unspoiled historic atmosphere, with many attractions to see or participate in including; fascinating shops featuring antiques and collectables, museums and galleries, heritage buildings, picturesque streetscapes, leisure activities for all ages, and tours that give you the chance to find your own piece of Gold - making all the reason why Maryborough and surrounds should be your next destination!
Must Do List
• Visit the famous Maryborough Railway Station complete with café/restaurant, bar and art gallery.
• Browse the eclectic art galleries and museums spread across the region.
• Pick up the Tiny Towns brochure and follow the map through classic goldfields country.
• Find locally-grown produce in the shire’s cool cafés and providores.
• Shop for quality antiques and collectables.
• Fossick for gold in the box-ironbark forests and ‘Golden Triangle’.
• Head to the Talbot Farmers Market on the third Sunday of the month.
• Pack your camera for the postcard-worthy villages of Dunolly, Talbot, Carisbrook and Bealiba.
Image by Ewen Bell.