Enjoy a country day trip to Heathcote. A long-time favourite for serious wine lovers, the township also boasts great bushwalking tracks, lookouts, shopping, dining and water sports at nearby Lake Eppalock. The growing food culture here alone is well worth the half-hour drive from Bendigo.
Must Do List
• Take a wine tour and let a friendly local do the driving
• Visit the monthly farmers’ (3rd Sat) market for the region’s best produce
• Head to the bluestone Tooborac Hotel & Brewery for local bevvies and beautiful views
• Go fly boarding, boating, fishing and swimming at Lake Eppalock
• Stay a little longer in one of the township’s hotels or B&Bs.